Northstar PBIS Overview
Do Your Panther Best
*Please use this terminology (Safe, Respectful, and Responsible) with your children, at home and in the community, when they are making poor choices. It is also great to use these terms when your child makes positive choices. (Thanks for being…. Safe/ Respectful/ Responsible)
School-wide Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (PBIS, Do Your Panther Best) is a systemic approach for achieving social and academic goals while preventing problem behaviors with ALL students.
The purpose of the program is to develop an environment that promotes learning for all students.
- Common approach to discipline with all staff and students
- Positively stated school-wide expectations for all students and staff
- Behavioral expectations are taught to students (In the first days and throughout the school year)
- Consistent use of a acknowledge system and consequence system
- Procedures for monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the program on a regular and frequent basis
- Led by a Core Leadership Team and implemented by all staff