The Knoxville Community School District is implementing a new way for families and community members to receive text alerts, emails, and phone calls from our schools. Moving forward, these messages will be delivered through SchoolInfoApp.
If you have subscribed to these messages from KCSD in the past, you will need to re-register your phone number and/or email address to receive messages via the new platform. If you do not register with this new system, you will no longer receive messages from the district.
Please visit this link to register. Then, follow these steps:
1) Enter your email address in the field.
2) Click "Register New User."
3) On the next page, Enter your first and last name. Click "Register."
4) On the Portal Edit page, enter your phone number(s) and additional email. Choose the group(s) to which you would like to subscribe. The groups available are:
- Weather Alerts
- Knoxville Community School District
- Knoxville High School
- Knoxville Middle School
- NorthStar Elementary School
- West Elementary School
5) Click the Apply button at the bottom of the page.
6) Click the Test button if you would like to send a test message to your phone number(s) and email address(es).
7) You may click "Review Prior Messages" to review messages previously sent.
8) When you are done, click the OK button to be signed out.
You will receive a text message from a 424 area code asking you to opt in to future messages. You can reply to that message with the word YES to be opted in. At any time you can opt in by texting the word YES to the phone number 87569. Once your phone number is opted in, future text messages will be sent from a short code of 87569.
This partnership with SchoolInfoApp will help us better communicate with our families and community members. Thank you for your help in registering for updates from KCSD!