Nurse and Health Services
- Students are referred to the nurse or health associate when they are injured, show signs of an illness, or express the need for health care.
- Parents should ensure that current contact information is up-to-date in the student information system (JMC) so that they can be contacted quickly when their student needs care.
- In the event of a medical emergency, the Knoxville CSD will render emergency aid and/or transportation to a medical facility as needed. Costs incurred are at the expense of the family. Every effort will be made to contact the family in such a situation.
- The school nurse may develop a Student Health List and/or a Health Care Action Plan from the health history form completed during the registration process. All information is confidential and is shared only on a need-to-know basis to appropriate school personnel. Alert the school nurse if you do not want your student’s medical information shared with appropriate school personnel.
- The district provides period screenings for height and weight, vision, hearing, and dental health. Lice screenings will be conducted when warranted. Parents are notified when problems are identified. Parents/guardians may opt students out of routine screenings.
KCSD provides school nurse services in all its school buildings. Health associates are in contact with the school nurse she is not in the building. Please contact Angie Mitchell, BSN, RN at 641-891-6016 with any questions or concerns.