Thank you for visiting our School Counseling page. Helping students is our passion and below are statements informing you of our comprehensive school counseling program here at KCSD.
Knoxville Professional School Counselors Believe:
- All students can learn at high levels and be productive citizens.
- All students will have access to a comprehensive, developmental counseling program that addresses academic skills, career & college readiness, and social/emotional development.
- School counselors advocate on behalf of all students and their families.
- School counselors are important collaborators, partners, and leaders for students, staff, parents, and community.
- School counselors plan, manage, deliver, and evaluate the comprehensive school counseling program to improve student learning.
- District, school, classroom, and individual data is analyzed to drive decisions, set goals, and increase student achievement.
- School Counselors adhere to ASCA ethical standards.
Students at Knoxville Community School District are confident, high achieving, leaders who are ready to meet the demands of the 21st century. They are responsible, respectful, safe, life-long learners equipped with the skills demanded in the workforce. Students will be engaged in their communities and will be resilient and adaptable when faced with change or challenge. They will be empathetic, able to look at things from multiple perspectives, and skilled problem solvers.
The mission of the Knoxville Community School District professional school counseling program is to create a culture of excellence by implementing a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate program focused on academic, career, and social/emotional skills for every student. The caring community of counselors, teachers, administrators, families, and community assists all students as they become 21st century leaders, lifelong learners, citizens, and problem solvers.